Hair fall has become a common problem these days, and there is a high percentage of people who suffer from alopecia. If you are also striving to cure hair fall, you certainly need to try these tested natural remedies for hair fall, which not only stop hair from falling but also increase the hair count on your scalp.
Everyone wants long, thick tresses and a scalp full of hair. But, unfortunately, many people don’t have it. Hair loss in men and women is increasingly responsible for ever rising cases of alopecia.
While there can be various factors responsible for hair fall, but, many people still believe in some baseless hair fall myths, due to which, they are unable to stop the hair fall and control it using the right measures.
Also, to curb the hair fall, many people try medications, but, these, sometimes these lead to serious side effects. The natural remedies for hair fall are the best ways to fight hair fall without any side effects. In fact, these not only control the hair fall but, also help in restoring the lost hair.
Table of Contents
- What Causes Hair Loss?
- Some Myths Related to Hair Fall
- Home Remedies for Hair Fall
What Causes Hair Loss?
There are many causes of hair fall, and these vary from person to person. The most common of these include:
- Hereditary Factors
- Lack of Nutrition
- Certain Medical Conditions
- Over Exposure to Heat
- Hormonal Changes
- Mental or Physical Stress
- Scalp Infection
- Alopecia Areata
- Overstyling of Hair
- Crash Diets
Some Myths Related to Hair Fall
Hair loss is one of the common conditions which can happen to anyone, but, there are some common myths which make people believe that certain things can cause or accelerate hair loss. Also, people have a plethora of misconceptions about the hair fall and hair loss.
Here are the top myths concerning hair fall along with the truth behind them:
- Dandruff causes the hair loss
The extensive research by the experts has established the fact that there is no scientific connection between hair loss and dandruff, apart from the fact that vigorous scratching and dry scalp may cause the hair to break and fall down.
- Regularly changing the shampoos can cause hair loss
Our scalp can never become “used to” to a particular shampoo and result in hair loss as soon as that shampoo is changed. So, don’t worry about hair loss if you want to try a new shampoo or conditioner.
- Every Type of Stress Affects Hair Growth
Unless you are under the major traumatic stress, you will not lose your hair and your hair will not stop growing. Only the severe traumatic stress, both physical or emotional, can result in thinning of hair.
- Washing the hair with cold water can prevent baldness
Washing the hair with cold water only increases the blood circulation, but, it cannot prevent the baldness. Cold water helps in cuticle tightening and frizz protection, but, it has no direct co-relation with the prevention of baldness.
- Using A conditioner may be the reason behind the hair fall
A hair conditioner only helps with detangling the hair, and thus, leads to prevention of the hair fall, and, it does not cause the hair fall. The excessive use of hair conditioner may weigh your hair down, but doesn’t stop its growth.
- All Haircare products cause hair fall
Hairspray, gel, and wax don’t have any adverse effect on hair loss. While most of the hair products don’t cause hair loss, but, the hair dyes with chemicals can result in loss of hair. The harsh heat treatments used in hair styling or straightening can also be the reason behind hair loss.
- Wearing a hat causes baldness
Most people believe that the hair follicles need to breathe, and thus, when we wear a hat, the hair follicles don’t get enough oxygen and thus, start falling off. But, the truth is that the hair follicles don’t need to breathe as the blood supplies oxygen to them.
The only way, a hat can cause baldness is when you wear a hat which exerts excessive friction or tension on your head.
Home Remedies for Hair Fall
1. Onion Juice
With its high sulfur content, the onion juice helps in treating the hair fall by improving the blood circulation to the hair follicles, reducing inflammation and regenerating the hair follicles.
Also, Onion juice is rich in antibacterial properties which helps in killing the parasites and germs while treating the scalp infections which sometimes lead to hair loss.
What To Do?
- Grate an onion, and extract its juice by straining it. Apply this juice directly on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes, before washing it off. Repeat it once or twice a week.
- Or, mix two tablespoons of aloe vera juice with three tablespoons of onion juice. If you want, you can add one tablespoon of olive oil as well. Apply this mixture to your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes before washing it off with water. Repeat it once or twice a week.
2. Coconut Milk
The coconut milk is exceptionally rich in essential fats and protein, which promote healthy hair growth while preventing the hair loss.
When the coconut milk is directly applied to the scalp and hair directly, it deeply nourishes it while providing quick results.
What To Do?
- Take fresh coconut milk, and mix some powdered black pepper and fenugreek seeds powder to it. Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes. Shampoo your hair afterward.
3. Amla or Indian Gooseberry
Indian Gooseberry or Amla, which is known for its high concentration of Vitamin C is one of the best nutrients for faster and natural hair growth.
The deficiency of Vitamin C can sometimes result in hair loss, and Amla helps in overcoming this deficiency.
Also, the antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and exfoliating properties present in the Indian gooseberry help in maintaining the healthy scalp while promoting the hair growth.
What To Do?
- Mix one tablespoon each of amla pulp and lemon pulp, and massage your scalp with it. Leave it overnight, and shampoo your hair the next morning to accelerate the hair growth.
4. Fenugreek Seeds
Also known as Methi, Fenugreek is very effective in treating the hair fall. Rich in hormone antecedents, the fenugreek seeds help in rebuilding the hair follicles and thus, enhance the hair growth.
These are also rich in nicotinic acid and proteins which stimulate the hair growth.
What To Do?
- Soak one cup of the fenugreek seeds in two cups of water overnight or for 7 – 8 hours. Then, grind the seeds into a fine paste, and apply this paste to your scalp. Leave it for 35 – 40 minutes and then, rinse your hair. Do it every day or every alternate day for a month to experience a considerable difference.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is rich in enzymes which directly promote healthier hair growth. Also, as its alkaline in nature, it balances the pH levels of the scalp and accelerates the hair growth.
The regular use of aloe vera can help in relieving the scalp itching, reducing the redness and the inflammation while adding the luster and strength to the hair. It also alleviates dandruff.
What To Do?
- Apply aloe vera juice or gel to your scalp, and leave it for a few hours before washing your hair off with the lukewarm water. Repeat it two – three times week.
- Also, you can have one tablespoon of aloe vera juice daily on the empty stomach to enhance the hair growth.
Flaxseeds are an exceptionally good source of omega-3 fatty acids which not only help in preventing the hair fall but also encourage the growth of new hair. the flaxseeds also help in Increase Estrogen Levels.
What To Do?
- Apply flaxseed oil to your scalp a few times a week, and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the next morning to get amazing results.
- Add flaxseeds to your diet by making them a part of your salads, smoothies, shakes and soups. You can also consume one tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseed daily with a glass of water every day in the morning to accelerate the hair growth.
7. Chinese Hibiscus
The Chinese hibiscus flower is enriched with an array of natural properties which help in treating the hair loss.
Apart from fastening up the hair growth, this flower can also be used for thickening the hair, preventing split ends, curing dandruff and preventing premature graying.
What To Do?
- Take two cups of coconut oil, and add 10 Chinese hibiscus flowers to it. Heat this solution till it gets charred. Afterward, strain the mixture to collect the oil and apply this on your scalp before going to bed. Wash your hair in the morning. Repeat it two – three times week.
- You can also make the Chinese hibiscus flower tea, and rinse your hair with it to enhance the proper growth.
The beetroot juice is rich in protein, carbohydrates, calcium, phosphorous, potassium, calcium, vitamin B, and vitamin C. All these nutrients promote healthy hair growth.
Using beetroot in your regular diet can greatly help your hair achieve strength, lustre and shine.
What To Do?
- Put a few beetroot leaves in the boiling water, and let them steep for 5 – 10 minutes. Strain the leaves, and grind them with the henna and apply this paste on your scalp. Let it stay for 15 – 20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. Repeat it two – three times a week.
- Additionally, have fresh beetroot juice to enhance your health.
9. Liquorice Root
Liquorice root is another herb which is extremely beneficial in promoting hair loss and the damage to hair due to various environmental factors.
Liquorice root is rich in mollifying properties which help in opening the pores of the scalp, help you get rid of various scalp irritations such as itchy or flaky scalp while soothing it.
It is also a very good remedy to get rid of the dandruff, baldness and hair loss.
What To Do?
- Take one cup of milk, and add one tablespoon of ground liquorice root to it with a few strands of saffron. Mix it thoroughly, and apply this paste on the bald patches before going to bed. Leave it overnight and wash your hair in the morning. Do it twice a week.
- You can also have liquorice tea to enhance the growth of hair. Have it 2 – 3 times a day.
10. Oil Treatment
Overnight oiling of hair can significantly contribute in making the hair stronger and controlling hair fall.
Overnight oiling gives enough time to each hair strand to get covered, and scalp to get nourished. The movement of fingers during the massage loosen the dead cells and dandruff, and thus, they get removed easily when you shampoo your hair the next day.
What To Do?
- Take two tablespoons of almond, olive, castor oil or coconut oil and massage your scalp with it for 10 – 15 minutes till the entire scalp gets covered with oil. Then put oil along the length of the hair to ensure that all the hair are covered with oil.
- Leave it overnight and wash it off with a shampoo the next morning. Do it 2 – 3 times a week.
11. Green Tea and Egg Hair Mask
Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which help it to boost the hair growth and stop hair fall. There are many other green tea health benefits which make it an excellent drink.
Eggs are known for their high protein content and provide the essential nutrients to the scalp required for enhancing the hair growth.
What To Do?
- Mix two tablespoons of freshly prepared green tea with one egg yolk to get a frothy mixture with a creamy consistency. Apply this hair mask on your scalp and hair, and cover your hair with a shower cap. Leave it for about 30 – 40 minutes, and then rinse your hair with cold water and then, shampoo them.
12. Balanced Diet
When it comes to controlling the hair fall, what you eat is as important as what you put on your scalp. Having healthy, nutritious and balanced diet not only prevents hair fall but also improves the strength and length of hair.
The vitamins are essential for hair growth, and thus, foods rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin A, Iron, Zinc, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and proteins must be eaten regularly.
These foods can help in curbing the hair fall, accelerating the hair growth and nourishing the scalp, because most of the times, the hair fall is the result of poor diet and vitamin or mineral deficiency. A healthy diet also helps in reducing the split ends and hair breakage.
13. Avoid Hair Growth Blockers
Some medications and excessive stress may retard the hair growth. So, if you are on medications which affect the hair growth, and result in hair fall, you must take the right measures to minimize the hair fall as much as possible.
Also, if you are experiencing stress, then you must find out ways to reduce it. Some yoga poses are very helpful in reducing the stress.
Also, take adequate sleep and rest, as they help in releasing the stress and relaxing your body, thereby, reducing the hair loss.
The aforementioned home remedies for hair growth and thickness are very effective and can help in treating hair fall easily.
Apart from these how to reduce hair fall home remedies, it’s important that you have a balanced diet, eat protein rich food and indulge in a lot of green leafy vegetables to provide the necessary vitamins and minerals required by the body for maintaining a healthy mane and strong hair.