Can’t Start Your day Without It?
Worried About your Calorie Intake With Coffee?
Check out how many calories your favorite coffee contains and which coffees you should not drink if you are trying to lose weight.
When it comes to coffee, many of us forget to count the coffee calories. The lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, and frapes which we drink on a regular basis are full of calories.
While coffee has many benefits and is undoubtedly the source of instant energy, but the additions which we make for the coffee make it high in calories. For instance, the coffee calories with milk are much higher than the coffee without milk.
Not to mention, that the calories in coffee with cream and sugar McDonald’s, Starbucks etc. are much beyond anyone’s expectations.
The calories in coffee are often the most neglected ones, and even during dieting, we don’t consider the calorie intake with coffee.
Table of Contents
Coffee For Weight Loss?
If you are on the weight loss mission, it’s important that you take into consideration all the calories which you consume throughout the day including the beverages.
Most of us begin our day with a hot cup of strong coffee, but the addition of sugar, cream, and milk significantly increase the calorie count of this otherwise healthy drink.
Most people boast about the benefits of black coffee weight loss and it indeed is helpful in losing weight while providing you extra energy for your day to day tasks.
Calories in Coffee
Lowest Calorie Coffee Drinks
The instant and brewed coffee without any additions have the lowest calories. 8 oZ of instant coffee and brewed coffee have 2 and 4 calories respectively.
Instant coffee and espresso coffee devoid of any additions to milk, sugar or cream also have a very low amount of calories.
Medium Calorie Coffee Drinks
The coffees with the addition of milk have medium calories like Dunkin Donuts Latte, Dunkin Donuts Cappuccino, Starbucks Latte, Starbucks Cappuccino etc. These calories range from 80 – 140 for a 10oZ cup.
The brewed coffee from these brands is lower in calories too.
High Calorie Coffee Drinks
The biggest coffee culprits are the ones which either contain milk, sugar, whipped cream, chocolate or all.
The iced coffees like Frappucino or Hot Chocolate from brands like Starbucks can go up to 560 calories for a 16 Oz serving. The average for these flavors lies between 350 – 400 calories.
So, now you know that which coffees can you drink and which you should not even think about if you are trying to restrict your coffee intake.
Many of us are addicted to coffee and giving up coffee is not even thinkable. If you are also one of these people, you can try having plain black coffee or Americano.
Health Benefits of Coffee
Loaded with an array of vital nutrients and antioxidants, coffee is one of the healthiest beverages. However, it may also affect your health and cause many problems like acidity if taken in excess.
Coffee is primarily comprised of antioxidants and caffeine (which acts as a stimulant). This is why coffee offers many health benefits.
Here are the primary health benefits of coffee:
- Coffee significantly improves your energy levels and make you feel less tired. The caffeine present in the coffee is directly absorbed into the bloodstream and from here, it goes to the brain.
- Coffee makes your brain active, makes you smarter and has a positive influence on your mood.
- Coffee, due to the presence of caffeine helps in burning fat and accelerating your metabolism.
- Coffee, if consumed before running or workout can help in improving your physical performance.
- The coffee drinkers are less susceptible to diseases and have a very low risk of developing Type II Diabetes.
- The coffee drinkers are also at a lower risk of developing different types of liver diseases.
- If you drink coffee regularly, you have a very low risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- If you are suffering from a negative state of mind and depression, you must drink coffee two-three times a day. It will uplift your mood and help you fight depression.
- Due to the presence of various types of antioxidants in coffee, it greatly helps in protecting your body from different types of cancer. It dramatically lowers the risk of cancer.
Try Green Coffee For Weight Loss
If you cannot give up coffee, you can try the plain black or simply brewed coffee mixed with water to ensure that you do not consume any extra calories. But, if you want to make coffee your tool for weight loss, then green coffee is worth trying.
Green coffee has many health benefits and the best one is that it accelerates the metabolism while keeping your calorie intake to the minimum.
So, now you know that the real culprit is not the coffee, but the calories in coffee with milk and sugar are. You don’t have to refrain yourself from having coffee because black coffee has many health benefits which are quite unique and you might not get from any other food. However, the addition of sugar, cream, and milk load the coffee with unnecessary calories.
So, if you are trying to lose weight, the ideal coffee for you is “Americano” which only has espresso and water in it. 1 oZ of the Espresso coffee has just one calorie.